The United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Connecticut is upgrading its CM/ECF electronic filing system to NextGen on:
|Tuesday, October 12, 2021.|
Scroll to bottom for table of resources.
- CM/ECF OFFLINE. In order to upgrade the system, CM/ECF will be offline and unavailable from 12:00 PM (noon) on Friday, October 8, 2021, through 9:00 AM on Tuesday, October 12, 2021. Please plan your filings accordingly.
- CENTRAL SIGN-ON THROUGH PACER. One of the major features of this upgrade is that CM/ECF Filers and Limited Users must use their PACER username and password to electronically file with all Courts (appellate, bankruptcy and district) where they have permission to electronically file and where the CM/ECF system is upgraded to NextGen. This is a feature known as Central Sign-On. On and after October 12, 2021, all CM/ECF Filers and Users approved to electronically file with this Court must have an Upgraded PACER Account in order to electronically file within our CM/ECF system. On and after October 12, 2021, all CM/ECF Filers and Users will be required to "link" their CM/ECF credentials to their PACER credentials in order to electronically file in our CM/ECF system. Linking instructions will be made available in the chart below once our CM/ECF system is upgraded to NextGen
- PREPARE FOR THE UPGRADE. To ensure a smooth transition to Central Sign On with NextGen, please follow these steps:
- KNOW YOUR CM/ECF USERNAME and PASSWORD. Ensure you know your CM/ECF username and password to this Court’s CM/ECF system. It is not enough to have yourCM/ECF password saved in your browser’s memory. You must be able to manually type in your CM/ECF username and password. This will be critically important on October 12,2021, to successfully link your current Connecticut Bankruptcy CM/ECF login to your PACER login. If you do not know your CM/ECF password for this Court, instructions to change the password are located here: https://www.ctb.uscourts.gov/changing-your-cmecf-password
- HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL PACER ACCOUNT. Shared PACER accounts are no longer allowed once the Court’sCM/ECF system has upgraded to NextGen. Each CM/ECF Filer and Limiter User must have his/her own PACER account. This applies to creditors with Limited User accounts and all trustees. If you do not have your own PACER account, register for one at: https://pacer.uscourts.gov/register-account/pacer-case-search-only. Firms may set up a PACER Administrative Account to help manage attorney/limited user accounts and have those individual accounts centrally billed for PACER access fees. View instructions on how to set up a PACER administrative account.
- CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE AN UPGRADED PACER ACCOUNT. In order to link your CM/ECF account to your PACER account, you must have an Upgraded PACER account.
To confirm account type and upgrade your PACER account, if necessary, log into your “Manage My Account” in PACER.
Navigate to https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/login.xhtml. Enter your current PACER Username and Password. If you forgot your current PACER username or password, you may request a reset from the Manage My Account page by selecting "Forgot Your Password?" or "Forgot Username?". Your Account Type identifies your current PACER Account type.
- Upgraded PACER Account: No need to upgrade, you will wait until the Court’s upgrade to NextGen before linking your CM/ECF account to your PACER account (currently targeted for October 12, 2021).
- Legacy PACER Account: You must upgrade (click on the link next to your account type that says “Upgrade”). Once upgraded you may link your CM/ECF account to your PACER account on or after October 12, 2021.
- LINK YOUR CM/ECF ACCOUNT TO YOUR PACER ACCOUNT (not until October 12, 2021). On and after October 12, 2021, CM/ECF Filers and Users will NOT be able to electronically file in NextGen until their CM/ECF account is "linked" to their upgraded individual PACER account. If you have a CM/ECF account with this Court, you must link it to your upgraded PACER account. Instructions on linking your PACER & CM/ECF accounts will be available in the chart below as we near October 12, 2021. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LINK ACCOUNTS PRIOR TO OCTOBER 12, 2021.
|LINK TO RESOURCE:||
|Clerk's Announcement 2021-03 regarding the Court's CM/ECF upgrade to NextGen on October 12, 2021||Clerk's Announcement regarding the CM/ECF upgrade to NextGen and information for CM/ECF Filers and Users on steps to take now to prepare their accounts for the upgrade|
|Changing your CM/ECF Password||In order to link your CM/ECF account to your PACER account, you must be able to manually enter your CM/ECF password. If you do not know your CM/ECF password, click on the link to learn how to reset or change your CM/ECF password.|
|Frequently Asked NextGen-related questions||CTB document that answers many frequently asked questions about the NextGen upgrade prior to "Go Live" date of October 12, 2021|
(This link will bring you to an external site)
PACER.gov's webpage regarding NextGen questions.
(This link will bring you to an external site)
|PACER.gov's learning aids and how-to videos on filing Federal court documents electronically using CM/ECF (CurrentGen or NextGen)|
Check back often for additional information and resources regarding the NextGen upgrade.