You are here

Local Bankr.R.3007-3

Table of Contents               Next                    Previous

Local Bankr. R. 3007-3 Estimation of Claims.

(a)      If a claim is objected to or is filed in an unliquidated amount, the objecting party, the claimant, the trustee, the Debtor in possession, or any plan proponent may file a motion requesting that the claim be estimated in accordance with 11 U.S.C. § 502(c). Unless the Court orders otherwise, filing a motion to estimate commences a contested matter and shall follow the Contested Matter Procedure set forth in Local Bankr. R. 9014-1.

(b)     The motion to estimate shall include those purposes (e.g., voting, allowance, etc.) for which estimation is sought, and an explanation of why estimation, as opposed to full trial of the claim objection, is appropriate. As soon as practicable following filing of the motion to estimate, the movant shall consult with the claimant and any objecting party to determine whether either opposes the motion.