Local Bankr. R. 1001-2 Definitions.
In addition to the definitions found in Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9001, the following definitions apply to these Local Bankruptcy Rules:
- “Bankruptcy Rule(s)” means the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure currently in effect, and as thereafter amended.
- “Bankruptcy Court” or “Court” means, in addition to the definition in Bankruptcy Rule 9001(4), the Bankruptcy Judges of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Connecticut, as a collective body.
- “Certificate of Service” or “Proof of Service” is a document identifying the pleading/document a party has served, the manner of service, the date of service, and the address where service was made. See District Court Local Rule 5(c), Appendix A.
- “Clerk” or “Clerk of Court” means Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court for the District of Connecticut and any Deputy Clerk acting under the direction of the Clerk of Court.
- “Debtor” means debtor or debtors, and when referring to an individual or individuals, means an individual or individuals who are represented by an attorney or who are proceeding in a case as a Pro Se Filer/Litigant.
- “District Court Clerk” means Clerk of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.
- “District Court Local Civil Rule(s)” or “USDC Local Rules” means the Local Rules of Civil Procedure of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.
- “Local Bankruptcy Rules” means these Local Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure of the United States Bankruptcy Court for District of Connecticut.
- “ECF No. ___” means the electronic case filing number for a pleading or document entered on the docket of a case or an adversary proceeding.
- “FRBP” or “Fed. R. Bankr. P.” means the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure.
- “FRCP” or “Fed. R. Civ. P.” means the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- “Pro Se Filer/Litigant” refers to a natural person who is a case participant and is not represented by an attorney
- “Chapter 12 Trustee” means the individual appointed as a standing trustee in Chapter 12 cases filed in this District.
- “Chapter 13 Trustee” means the individual appointed as a standing trustee for all Chapter 13 cases filed in this District.